A fellow Spanish learner pointed me to the following video “How I became fluent in Spanish by dychui”. It is somebody’s account on how he became fluent in Spanish over the years. One of the things that I took away is the importance of listening the language – he listened to podcasts every day. That is encouraging for my strategy of using of Coffee Break Spanish – so I will stick to it.
Here are the podcasts that he mentioned (he mentioned other good resources as well):
- Notes in Spanish – I have come across Notes in Spanish name before, will check it out again.
- Desde el baño (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Cabreados (Madrid, Spain) – his favorite podcast of all
- Rimbombante (Mexico)
- Las cosas curiosas – (Málaga, Spain)
- Yo gordo (Málaga, Spain)
- Afectos con Sylvia Tarragona on RTVE – higher, more formal level Spanish
I can’t wait to have good enough Spanish to listen to Spanish only podcasts. Perhaps I will start those after I finish the Coffee Break Spanish Series (now episode 48 out of 80).
On Day 9 (of month 2) I had quite a bit of commute time so I got in 97 minutes in total. Here is the breakdown:
38 Coffee Break Spanish podcast 47-48